07 September 2010

Choosing to SEE: February 20th

In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.
John 14:2

Out of the blue, (Maria) said, “Mom, is it true that God has a big, big house?”
“Yes,” I said. “It’s true! God does have a big, big house.”
“Does it have lots and lots of rooms?” Maria asked.
“Yep, it has lots and lots of rooms,” I responded.
“Mom,” she said, “I wanna know more about God’s big, big house! I wanna go to God’s big, big house! How do you get there? Can I go there?”

Oh, my goodness! I thought. Here she is, four years old, and she’s asking how you get to go to heaven!

Steven, just back from taking Shaoey to school, came in and did his best to explain the Gospel in four-year-old terms.

Then he asked, “Maria, would you like to talk to God about this?”

“Yes,” she said. Then she prayed in her own words, asking Jesus to come live in her heart and to take her to God’s big, big house when it was time.

Later, of course, what transpired in the kitchen that day would give us specific, sweet comfort because of Maria’s big decision. But at the time it was just a normal Wednesday…


Book details and sample chapters
UK paperback edition just published!
Price: £7.99
ISBN: 9780800719920
Available via all good bookshops, or on-line.

Mary Beth's blog

Information on 'Show Hope', the charity established by the Chapmans.

No comments:

Post a Comment